My Two Cents’ Worth on a Friday Night…


The long weekend has begun but at home everything still revolves around weekly visits to the hospital. We just can't catch a break. In moments of weakness I feel a bad curse is on us. But then maybe it's just one of those times. Mom is getting better but the stitches have yet to be removed.

It's like a lucky draw you know. Every time the anticipation is that it would be removed but the doctor announces regretfully that the draw wasn't in our favor. But it's alright. Patience is a virtue I've been told. How much of it I possess is a different question altogether.

This time around my sister has taken up the role of handling mom's care and medicines. My job is just to manage the kitchen at night and on holidays, the rest she takes care of. And she's so good at it. My small munchkin seems to have grown up. I guess that's what being a family is all about. One steps in for the other. Touch-wood!

But don't be upset. It's not a sad post.

You know in all this we haven't forgotten to smile. That's a good thing right? We do get frustrated. Humans after all. But then we get back to giggling and pulling each other's legs. So in trying to lighten up the mood at home we spent the last two evenings playing cards. It's fun seeing mom and dad engaged in it. I know they miss home and their friends. I understand. But things will be back to normal soon. It's only a matter of time and healing.

By the way did I tell you I'm mom's lucky charm during card games? She always wins when I sit next to her. Oh such fun to see the mischievous smile on her face then. I also plan to get carom-board at home so that we could all spend some more time playing. And laughing most importantly.

Moving on.

You know life is like this very strict teacher who always comes up with a new lesson even if you aren't ready for it. It's true. It is like this relentless trainer who doesn't believe in giving you breathers. And also especially concentrates on those students who are least interested in a lesson. There are times you wish to run away just so you could catch a break. But where could you hide for life not to be able to get to you? Nowhere right?

So today I’ve decided to share with you some advice. Or, observations at best. These are realizations that came to me at times when nothing seemed right. And if you have been reading me recently then you would know how fresh these derivations could be. So just for you these are my two cents’ worth on life as I understand it, at least at this juncture. I'm sure it'll change but then that's a discussion for some other time.

Here I go!

No matter how ridiculous it seems life never gives you more that what you can handle. Your tolerance threshold can be judged by the problems you are dealt with. It's true. Trust me!

Cherish every peaceful moment in life because you never know when the lull breaks giving way to an avalanche of difficulties. You have got to put this in every sticky note possible, even the mental ones. Don't let even a moment of life pass by without you savoring the good in it.

Take short breaks whenever possible. Don't put off holidays or the things you want to do for the future. You know it might just take a long time to actually show up at the door.

It's okay to be frustrated and angry. It's even alright to question your beliefs from time to time. What I want to say is it's okay to break down and let go. But don't forget to rise up again like a phoenix. Makes sense, doesn't it?

You can't take care of everyone and everything all at the same time. So if possible delegate your responsibilities or even share with your partners. Could be your siblings, spouse or friend even. But do it. Let go. Don't overburden yourself. It's okay to want to do everything for everyone  but it's not humanly possible all the time. Accept that!

So there.These were some of the things that I've realized in very recent times. These helped me make more sense of everything happening around me. So who knows maybe it could help you too at some point?

Tell me though what is your take on life? Your mantras of getting through life perhaps. In simple terms of-course! Go on, tell me. I can't wait to learn more.

And yes don't forget to have a great weekend!

Take care!
***

Written for Write Tribe's Wednesday Prompt 'my two cents’ worth'

Labels: