Do the D

It’s that time of the week again, the time for ABC Wednesday.

This week it’s the letter D. So here I go again with my attempt to describe my life this week through the perspective of Ds.

D is for Dusseldorf. With my husband, S, away on work there I've been spending a lot of time reading about the city. My dad also says that it’s a beautiful place so that has also peaked my interest in Dusseldorf in the past few days. So through the photos S sends me I've been taking a close look at the city situated by the River Rhine. It’s charming as far as I can gauge through my laptop sitting miles away. So maybe I’ll even visit it if can manage to get a few days off from work.

D is for Dean. Yes, I've been watching Supernatural these past few days. Or, I guess I should say I've been watching Dean Winchester and enjoying every moment of it. His wisecracks truly are a great companion as I sit alone with the remote. Of course, he is a pleasure to look at too. I can’t deny that, can I? So an overdose of Dean in Supernatural is on the menu this week.

D is for Donna Tartt. ‘The Goldfinch’ by Donna Tartt is my read this week. After having been consumed by ‘The Husband’s Secret’ last week, I've now picked up 'The Goldfinch'. And I’m really looking forward to it. Actually I can’t even wait and will begin as soon as I finish this post. That’s how excited I am almost like a child waiting to play with her new toy.

D is for Die-hard Fan of Meryl Streep. I have been spending a lot of time watching movies these past few days. You must wonder how much free time I have, right? Actually while living alone there’s a lot of scope for catching up on a wide range of activities even after an entire day in office. So I’m doing everything that I haven’t quite got the time for in the past few years. This week I have watched two movies of Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady and Hope Springs. Though I always knew how great an actress she is but after watching The Iron Lady, I've become her die-hard fan. Next on my list of-course is August: Osage County.

D is for Diet. It has been a month since my husband has flown to Dusseldorf. So basically I should be sad and maybe loose some appetite since I miss him, right? But no that is not to be. As I wrote in my post on A’s few weeks back, my appetite has increased ever since he left. And now I’ve put on 2 kilos in just 4 weeks. So this week I intend to control it or as they say diet a bit. Let’s see how successful I am though!

So these are my D’s this week. Tell me about yours.
***

***
Linking this post to NaBloPoMo

Labels: